[owasp-antisamy] Is it possible to use AntiSamy and keep code in pre/code tags intact?

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed Sep 21 01:24:43 EDT 2011

Mohamad,

One way that you could potentially make this behavior is to leverage the
"onUnknownTag" directive.

Using this directive, if a tag is not known (i.e. not explicitly in the
policy file), it will HTML-encode the tag.

You could remove the script tag from the policy file, hypothetically causing
such "unknown" tags to be encoded rather than removed.

Note that I'm not certain off the top of my head if the new current release
still supports this directive or if this strategy would work safely and
accomplish your goal.

-Jason

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Mohamad El-Husseini <husseini.mel at gmail.com