[owasp-antisamy] French character issue in Antisamy

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Fri Aug 12 15:57:30 EDT 2011

Jobu,

I'm not sure what you mean by "supports internationalization".

As I said, the HTML encoded version of the character should display the
proper international character in an HTML context - which is what AntiSamy
is designed to do.

I understand that you want the exact same text to appear before and after.
But As I mentioned before, my understanding is that past successful XSS
attacks have relied on unencoded international characters being
misinterpreted by browsers. The idea of AntiSamy is to make the input safe.
In the same way that '<' is encoded into '&lt;', an international character
is encoded to the safe HTML entity version of that character. So in that
sense, AntiSamy supports internationalization.

If the data is being placed into an HTML context, then the international
character should appear. Can you clarify your use case so we can understand
how you're using AntiSamy?

Unfortunately, I do not know when the next release of AntiSamy will be made.
That is a question for the project lead.

-Jason