[Owasp-antisamy] AntiSAMY Defect

Shishir Kumar shishirroy2000 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 05:31:06 EDT 2008

Not sure why this works correctly on test URL:
http://blog.supremedesign.ru/xss
(Have you removed the char "\" before processing.

Please find attached Java program and policy file from which you can
replicate the OutOfMemoryError (Need to change the policy file path in
program).

Below is the Error output (Hope for testing I am using the correct set of
jar which is at
http://code.google.com/p/owaspantisamy/downloads/list:

Input: <script type=\"text/javascript\">document.write(\"Hello World!\");</
script >

at org.apache.xerces.util.XMLStringBuffer.append(Unknown Source)
at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLScanner$SpecialScanner.scanCharacters(
HTMLScanner.java:3011)
at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLScanner$SpecialScanner.scan(
HTMLScanner.java:2845)
at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLScanner.scanDocument(
HTMLScanner.java:877)
at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLConfiguration.parse(
HTMLConfiguration.java:495)
at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLConfiguration.parse(
HTMLConfiguration.java:448)
at org.cyberneko.html.parsers.DOMFragmentParser.parse(
DOMFragmentParser.java:166)
at org.owasp.validator.html.scan.AntiSamyDOMScanner.scan(Unknown Source)
at org.owasp.validator.html.AntiSamy.scan(Unknown Source)
at ReplicateOutOfMemoryError.main(
ReplicateOutOfMemoryError.java:29)
Please let me know if you need more information on this.

Regards,
Shishir Kumar