[Owasp-antisamy] antisamy problems with

David Whitlock dwhitlock at tripwire.com
Fri Feb 22 14:15:17 EST 2008

I ran across with   entities, too.  NekoHTML replaces the   entity with the non-breaking space character (ASCII 160).  It is possible that your character encoding is converting an ASCII 160 into another character (latin-1 vs. UTF-8 encoding issues, perhaps?).

For me, an ACII 160 character was not acceptable in my HTML because some browsers render ASCII 160 differently than    To work around this, I simply replaced ASCII 160 with the string " " in the validated output.

Hope this helps,

Dave

P.S.  Arshan, thank you very much for antisamy.  It was exactly the tool we needed and it has worked very well for us.

To: owasp-antisamy at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Owasp-antisamy] antisamy problems with

Hoping to use Antisamy for our business except we keep coming across some strange encoding problems.

 It seems that all " " on the incoming HTML are converted in unfamiliar characters like "á".  I tried using a patch I found on the mailing list and changing the encoding, but that has not solved the problem.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tim