[Owasp-alabama] using SESSION Vars to store sensitive data...

owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org
Tue Jun 21 13:54:14 EDT 2011

Would it be possible to store the NTLM challenge result as opposed to the
actual credentials?

Storing the data in the session variables on the server side is not unheard
of, but is certainly sub optimal, as you have eluded to.

If possible, can you revisit how the server retrieves the LDAP attributes?
I'm simply suggesting that rather than find to a solution to a problem that
shouldn't exist, lets remove the problem. So to speak.

What I'm getting at is that storing LDAP attributes is much less risky than
storing credentials. Typically, I would think that it would be reasonable to
store what attributes you'll need on the first request, but you mentioned
that would be slow. Why?

-Brad Causey
CISSP, MCSE, C|EH, CIFI, CGSP

http://www.owasp.org