[Owasp-alabama] 2010 Meetings

owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org
Tue Jan 5 21:59:21 EST 2010

It seems we have identified several "technical" topics to discuss this year,
but let's keep in mind that the average C-level IT Security executive will
not get much value about "finding bugs" or advanced discussion on code
review technique. That's is why it will be important to break the meetings
down into executive/technical discussions.

Any suggestions from the list for management level focus/topics? Or do we
want to focus on lower level specialty topics?

Regarding speakers-  it's great to have a known security speaker present to
the chapter. The talks are usually very polished etc..  but what I would
like to see is local members talking about issues they have faced, problems
they have solved, and open discussions that provide value.  Because at the
end of the day, we want the meeting to be successful and provide knowledge
and information that may be taken away and used.

JP