[Owasp-alabama] PCI question

owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org
Mon Aug 9 18:56:37 EDT 2010

Correct,

Anyone who stores, transmits, or touches PCI data has to be PCI compliant.
In this scenario, it sounds like the application and interconnected systems
would have to be PCI compliant. So you would have to perform the
self-assessment and perform quarterly vuln scans and yearly pentests.  PCI
will also want the application to have a code review or Web application
firewall (WAF) in place.

Depending on the merchant sales volume, more in-depth procedures may be
required.

Josh

josh at packetfocus.com
205 390 3421