[Owasp-alabama] [Bham_InfraGard] Email Research posted today

owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org
Mon Oct 26 11:07:37 EDT 2009

It's not the 80's anymore. :)

Companies tested had the latest/greatest email protection available from
vendors. So what are companies supposed to do??  Just say that it is too
hard to stop it using technology?
We all know how had user security awareness really is..

I do this on a daily basis for our clients, so I see how devastating this
type of attack is.  I agree that it is an issue with SMTP, but if users are
targeted, and technology can't stop it or at least move certain emails into
a "Junk/Phishing" folder then there is a big issue. If it looks half way
legit, they are going to click on it and attackers are going to get their
credentials or exploit their browser.

JP

Sent by: birmingham_chapter-bounces at listserv.infragard.org
10/22/2009 05:38 PM

josh at packetfocus.com
cc
birmingham_chapter at infragard.org, owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org
Subject
Re: [Bham_InfraGard] Email Research posted today

Nice work Josh,

--
Thanks,

Chad Holmes