[Owasp-alabama] Welcome the new OWASP Alabama Chapter VP BradCausey

owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org owasp-alabama at lists.owasp.org
Wed Aug 13 14:21:03 EDT 2008

>Brad, can you share some information about yourself?

>What are your hobbies, how long you have been involved in security and
>what are you currently involved with as well as where you see yourself
>going in your information security career?

I will give you guys a quick run-down, and if you have additional questions, I'd be happy to elaborate.

I currently work as a senior analyst with Compass Bank here in Birmingham AL.
I am leading our internal effort to standardize reviews of web applications, virtualization, and some other newer technologies.
I recently applied for membership with Infragard and plan to actively participate there.
I have been actively working in security for about 6 years now, and IT for several more.
I owned and operated Zero Day Consulting for several years. We basically did contract security consulting, and training to private sector and government entities. (Mostly Government) Ended up selling the business off so I could get more steady work hours and be home with the family more often.
I am involved with OWASP's effort to update the current OWASP testing guide to v3.
I have been writing for several years, including magazine articles, training videos, books, etc. (Including more technical docs than I care to admit)
I have also been very active in the open source and security community on the net for many years.
I am a part time police officer in Fultondale, AL. (yes, local law enforcement bleeds into my day job and often into INFOSEC)
As far as hobbies go, I do what any self respecting geek does; Stay abreast to technology, and try to learn as much as I can to stay less than one step behind the bad guys.

I think that is about it. I've probably overlooked a few things, but that is enough "I" for now.

I would like to get to know more of the folks that participate in the Alabama chapter, so lets hear some kick-back from you guys?

Thanks!