[Governance] Slack and Privacy

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Jul 27 20:01:24 UTC 2015

Ann,

Slack is an optional communication platform for the OWASP community. I
read the Slack policy and for a service of this nature the policy looks
very honest and transparent. I do not think using slack for private
communications is appropriate, I think we should think of it more as a
list service or other public posting service.

So after a first read of their policy, I like the detail, honestly and
tradeoffs they are making.

Perhaps OWASP should publish a little guide explaining that uses for
Slack are most appropriate?

Aloha,
Jim

--