[Governance] [Owasp-board] "Ring Fenced Funds" Discussion and Proposal

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Sat Aug 29 00:02:46 UTC 2015

Paul,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Paul Ritchie <paul.ritchie at owasp.org> wrote:
> Yep, another good suggestion Tom.
>
> I'd like to see more suggestions on ways to improve awareness & education at
> the chapter & project level, before leaping into another layer of
> administrative process on our CRM system.   Frankly the CRM system via the
> SalesForce tool, is an incomplete solution since it does not integrate very
> well at all with all the data we keep on the Wiki, like Chapter membership
> and all our Mailman group email lists.  I've spent the past 8 months working
> with Kate & Noreen on possible integration tools but it is very sparse, and
> would require fairly severe manual maintenance efforts.    Solving this
> system issue is a problem for another day.

Before you praise Tom [Brennan] you may want to review the historical
record as he was the one who had accepted the generious kickback from
SalesForce for its use by OWASP without any formal evaluation if it is
fit for purpose i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2009-March/007447.html

Ironic that SalesForce VP of Marketing is also named Tom Brennan i.e.
https://www.salesforce.com/blog/authors/tom-brennan.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich