[Governance] [Owasp-leaders] Request - Survey - Implementation process on higher decisions

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Wed Aug 19 13:28:46 UTC 2015

Actually, when I was on the Board, Kate and I were working on cleaning up /
optimizing some of the accounts during my time as treasurer.  Housekeeping
things like making sure all accounts were Foundation accts and had more
then one person with signature authority, etc.

Anyway, Kate had looked into a 'corporate credit card'  for the Foundation
which could create sub-accounts with limited credit and spending
limitations.

The board at that time didn't want to proceed with that but I liked the
idea.  For example, a mini-summit could get a card with $1,000 USD limit
for the organizing team to cover last minute expenses/problems.  The
Foundation would get the bill and review the expenses to ensure they were
spent appropriately.  We could do the same for conference teams but with a
higher balance.

The program Kate investigated even allowed restricting classifications of
spending like don't let the card be used to buy fuel or dining, etc.

It seems like a great way to get the community spending but with the
necessary checks and balances to ensure the charity status and mission is
faithfully fulfilled.

Kate, Paul and the staff would have to revisit the implementation details
but I believe extending a bit of trust via limited credit card would help
get funds moving for our mission.

Matt's 2 cents.

--
-- Matt Tesauro