[Governance] Request - Survey - Implementation process on higher decisions

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Aug 18 02:48:53 UTC 2015

 > Since there are no committees, just 1 right now, it is clear that
most decisions and initiatives are coming from board members or lonely
souls like me. This is the issue.

The board set up a very clear structure for those who want to effect
change - so it's there, it just needs to be used. :)

 > The committees structure is not working because there are no
committees. This unintentionally is causing oligarchy, sad to admit it
but I'm also part of it.

An oligarchy that anyone can join or initiate - is not really an oligarchy.

Johanna, I believe that structures area already set up to handle the
things you want. Maybe we need to advertise them more often. That is
just my opinion, it's very cool if you have a different perspective.

I am ok with surveys, but I get the feeling they are fatiguing on the
community since they often get low turnout.

I can tell by your recent batch of emails that you are very unhappy with
the OWASP Foundation right now Johanna. That upsets me, because I am
very grateful for all of your many contributions to OWASP. I am doing my
best to work with the board to do good by the OWASP community. If you
have time, please consider attending some of our board meetings and help
us make better decisions. In the meantime, I am happy to continue this
conversation and/or propose specific changes to the board on your behalf
if you prefer.

Aloha,

--
Jim Manico