[Governance] Request - Survey - Implementation process on higher decisions

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Tue Aug 18 02:11:02 UTC 2015

Jim,

I found something very interesting we have not done and was written on that
Sarah's email regarding committees:
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2014-May/011794.html

*Proposals brought forward from the committees should be voted upon by the
community *(or community leadership). The *community decision* should be
considered valid. Implementing a process for a trial period of 6 months to
a year would be sufficient to determine if it was beneficial for the
organization. This also reinstates the sense of ownership the community has
in the organisation.

That counts for all the initiatives, from project summits to Summers
and Winters of code...

We have not implemented to allow the community to vote.

I agree about your comments about projects, but I will provide you a
better example. There are projects that can participate and are
invited to Conferences and due to money issues cannot assist to more
of them. Or the recent issue with the Developer guide. You need to pay
a technical editor and designer to get the project ready.

Some Educational initiatives are harder to implement and might require
crowd funding. It is about looking for better structure and ways to
support and promote projects for educational initiatives.

Keep in mind that the motive of this email is about community vote and
surveys to gather what does the community want.

Subject: "Request - Survey - Implementation process on higher decisions".

Regards