[Governance] Request - Survey - Implementation process on higher decisions

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Tue Aug 18 01:48:51 UTC 2015

>I believe some of the funds in OWASP would be best used as banking test
data as it will persist in banking systems forever :)

I recommend to put the money in a Time deposit with the highest interest
possible  or buy some Government Bonds, at least, OWASP has a good backup
in case running of cash-flow 😜.
Now seriously.Why can these funds not  be moved?
What are the actual restrictions for chapters to use them?

 >There is money available at OWASP for those who need it and I have yet to
hear of a situation where someone was told otherwise.
Well, ask project leaders and the community how they experience this? Lets
do a survey! And

 My experience is pure on reimbursement basis.
I think people has problem charging their credit cards(if they have one)
and then fill in forms and then wait for their money. It has been said that
the foundation can pay for these costs directly so I hardly have used that
system because in the wiki this info is kind of confusing.