[Governance] Request - Survey - Implementation process on higher decisions

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Mon Aug 17 23:53:44 UTC 2015

Johanna,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 8:21 AM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

> I think we need to create Project Summits in the form of events with the
>> whole purpose to gather funds for projects
>>

> Please forgive my ignorance.  How does a Project Summit generate funds for
> project?  Every Project Summit that we have had to date has cost the
> Foundation money, hasn't it?  Can you please elaborate?

Josh is 100% correct.  Dinis Cruz consistently went over way over budget
and without any respect for financial controls and neither where the key
deliverables assessed.

Here are two complaints about these summits I can find:
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2010-August/008979.html
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2011-January/009563.html

>From memory there are three more and Martin also had a verbal complaint too.

I'll put to you the push for this Summit is to kick start your own recently
announced project management Foundation which was a similar ulterior motive
to that of Dinis Cruz?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich