[Governance] Fwd: Please Remove Legal Disclaimer

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon May 19 16:02:43 UTC 2014

I believe the real issue is the use of the Governance list as it was not
created to serve as a public place to conduct smear campaigns against OWASP
leaders, members, volunteers, or otherwise.  It says that complaints or
concerns should be reported to the Compliance Officer and says nothing
about the Governance mailing list.  By twice now posting his complaints
against me on the public Governance mailing list, Christian has forced me
to reply against the allegations in public to defend myself.  Not that I
have anything to hide, but the fact that we're allowing him a public forum
for slander is concerning to me.  And more concerning is that it's allowed
to linger, without closure (despite no evidence, his previous complaint was
never actually dismissed in public, even though the complaint was public),
for a lengthy period of time.  Thus, I think that it would be far more
appropriate for anyone submitting concerns to our Compliance Officer, do so
directly, and not via postings on public mailing lists.

Dinis, I sincerely appreciate your show of support here.  More than
anything else, it saddens me that after months of trying to help Christian
and working to negotiate his return to OWASP, he has chosen to treat me
like this.

~josh