[Governance] Fwd: Please Remove Legal Disclaimer

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Mon May 19 15:37:57 UTC 2014

I too wish to focus on items for the good of OWASP and want everyone to be
able to contribute positive energy to OWASP. We are a volunteer
organization after all!

I believe a complaint has been filed and is being followed up per normal
process by Martin. Regardless of the merits of the compliant (which I won't
express an opinion either way) we do have an established process now we can
use. As currently written anyone can file a complaint and it will be
investigated by the independent compliance officer
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Governance/Whistleblower_Policy

But, it does not seem correct to have a back and forth on the list
especially with various accusations. This is not productive and I don't
believe anything is being accomplished in that fashion.

I'll check with how our policy is worded and with Martin (our compliance
officer) to see if there are ways we can ensure our whistle blower process
achieves its goals and minimizes activities that are counterproductive.

-Michael

--
Michael Coates
@_mwc