[Governance] Formal Complaint Against Josh Sokol

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Thu May 15 14:17:07 UTC 2014

Josh,

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:
> Regarding confidentiality, I'd like to request that Christian please point
> to the specific thing that I disclosed on this matter (relating to that
> post) that wasn't already a matter of public record as a result of someone
> else posting it first?

I never made contact with Norman Hue neither is he the subject of this
complaint.

The correct course of action would have been to directly contact
Norman offline and inform the OWASP-Leaders Mailing List to desist
from further discussion of this matter if a continued discussion
develops.

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:
> Regarding intentionally injuring a professional reputation, I'd like to
> request that Christian please point to how providing instructions on how to
> use Google's autoresponder equates to injuring his professional reputation.
> I'd also like to point out that this instruction was sent only after
> Christian decided to contact an OWASP leader regarding a subpoena instead of
> sending it through the legal channel as he was instructed to do so.  Had
> Christian followed the process, then Norman would not have contacted the
> leaders list, and no instruction would have been required.

Again, I never made contact with Norman Hue neither is he the subject
of this complaint.

Your autoresponder makes no attempt to discern the contents of the
e-mail correspondence and shows a complete lack of respect and dignity
towards the person who sent the e-mail.

The correct course of action would have been to respond with the legal
instructions only if it is relevant to the contents of the e-mail
which in this case it clearly is not.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich