[Governance] [Owasp-leaders] Requesting Community Feedback on Virtual Management

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Thu Jun 19 16:22:09 UTC 2014

 >I don't think we want Virtual to be looking for an ED as that's a very
clear conflict of interest.  If we determine that hiring a replacement ED
is the desired next step, then I think that Carlos' committee approach is a
sensible one.  They would create the proposal, conduct the search, and make
candidate recommendations.

The committee does in  the end take the final decision right? I agree that
there could be a conflict too but only if VM takes any decisions. Hiring an
ED requires Human Resources background so I though why not use VM skills?.
I would like to see that committee formed also by members with experiencing
in hiring (if needed as you mentioned). I assume that this position only
applies for residents in the US since it is for OWASP foundation in US? or
Does it matter?