[Governance] [Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Requesting Community Feedback on Virtual Management

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Jun 19 16:10:26 UTC 2014

Johanna,

Excellent questions!

1) The duration is originally scoped for an initial transition period up
until Sarah leaves followed by a period of assessment and improvement
culminating sometime tentatively in Q4 2014.  At that time we will
re-evaluate to determine how to proceed.  Maybe it's create a committee to
find a new ED.  Maybe we determine that we want to keep Virtual around in
this role longer-term.  I think that's TBD.

2) It would be an initial $6k fee for the transition period and $8k/mo for
the duration.  We only need to give them a 30 day notice of cancellation.

3) Yes, we gave consideration to a couple other similar companies, but this
was the only one we actively interviewed.

4-7) The company would focus on internal processes and would likely spend
most of their time with our staff and the Board.  Here is the originally
proposed scope document though I believe we determined that in this
scenario Michael would be working with our staff to provide consistency,
rather than Virtual.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Z9zE0hx0LNMFExeUNuNGJuNGc/edit?usp=sharing
I hope that answers your questions, but please feel free to ask anything
else that comes to mind.

~josh