[Governance] [Owasp-leaders] Requesting Community Feedback on Virtual Management

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Jun 19 15:41:33 UTC 2014

I do agree with your approach, and think it makes sense to leverage a
committee approach similar to that proposed in finding a replacement ED,
but my concern is that for every day we wait for a committee to determine
what our next best step is, that is a day that we lose for the replacement
and Sarah to transition tasks.  Sarah's expressed desire was to have a
replacement in place and on-boarded no later than August 4th with her
staying on until August 22nd (assuming the baby doesn't come early).  We
have roughly a month and a half based on her proposed deadline to find
someone, train them, and make the transition.  The Virtual proposal was not
designed as a replacement ED, but rather, a way to get someone up and
running quickly for this transition without the significant time investment
of interviewing and hiring.  If we were to consider your suggestion, do you
think that we could still meet Sarah's August 4th deadline between
assembling the committee, drafting the RFP, searching suppliers,
interviewing, hiring, and training/transition?

~josh