[Governance] Formal Request to Revoke Michael Coates

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Thu Jun 19 09:48:11 UTC 2014

Martin,

I would like to draw your attention to "Both you and Michael (OWASP Chair)
work[ed] at Mozilla and this is a conflict of interest." within
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-testing/20140607/002333.html

In relation to Michael intended action against Dinis Cruz i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/governance/2014-June/000413.html, I would
like to highlight that Yvan Boily is also an employee of Mozilla and
therefore Michael Coates in his position OWASP Chair has violated the
following Code of Ethics:

   - To maintain and affirm our objectivity and independence;
      - To reject inappropriate pressure from industry or others;
      - To avoid relationships that impair — or may appear to impair —
      OWASP's objectivity and independence.

Of note to, *Yvan Boily threaten me with the exact same action but has been
unable to produce any evidence which is disputed or a defence readily
available* i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-testing/20140609/002344.html

Furthermore, *Michael Coates has never produced any supporting evidence in
relation to my membership being revoked* i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/governance/2014-February/000321.html

I therefore formally request the following:

   1. The OWASP Membership of Michael Coates is revoked with immediate effect
   due to his conflict of interest with Mozilla and therefore Yvan Boily and
   the violation of the code of ethics.
   2. The investigation against Dinis Cruz ceases due to the precedence set
   with the bias relationship of Paulo with Dinis as shown during the OWASP
   Google Hacking Inquiry.
   3. My revoked membership is restored until Michael Coates is able to
   provide the supporting evidence.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich