[Governance] [Owasp-leaders] Requesting Community Feedback on Virtual Management

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Thu Jun 19 05:18:41 UTC 2014

Josh,

Based on the ongoing political circle jerk between Dennis, Samantha, Sarah,
Jim, you (Josh), Yvan, Michael, Eoin, etc I believe that an independent
view that may oppose the intent of Sarah vs OWASP Board is in the best
interests of OWASP.

If the OWASP Board are not intending to appoint an interim Executive
Director until a suitable candidate is found or promoted and there is no
cost saving in outsourcing these functions then *the OWASP Board are
attempting to cease complete control again* to return to the days of Aspect
Security, Trustwave, the ongoing Jeff Williams and Dinis Cruz homoerotic
relationship which drove members of the community from OWASP i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2011-January/009563.html

Stephanie Fohn has an extensive business leadership background without the
webappsec conflict of interest, such as a patent or product, since she is
no longer employed by http://blog.whitehatsec.com/iceo/

Since WhiteHat Security are more aligned with WASC then OWASP and therefore
Stephanie would provide an independent auditor's view of what Sarah and the
Board believe OWASP wants vs needs.

I also heard from two WhiteHat Security employees that she resisted the
appointment of Tom Brennan to WhiteHat Security while Sarah Baso has
"spread her legs" for him based on the fact that Jim Manico was upset with
"Teflon Tommy" due to his "crush" on Sarah Baso i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2014-June/012017.html,
ensuring that the better man i.e. "Adam Baso" was listed as a contributor
to the OWASP Top Ten 2013, etc.

For the record, I dislike OWASP, Jermiah Grossman and WhiteHat Security but
it doesn't dispute the fact that my recommendation is driven by *Stephanie
Fohn has an extensive business leadership background without the associated
webappsec conflict of interest*, such as a patent or product.  Therefore
her [possible] appointment is in the best interest of OWASP due to the
recent political climate of "when push comes to shove".

If her final independent (of the OWASP Board) recommendation is to
outsource to Virtual Management Inc and this does not result in the OWASP
Board having more "unchecked "power and yields significant OPEX and CAPEX
saving with a higher SLA then what OWASP has today then no one should have
any further issues.

Since my own agenda is to watch OWASP "burn" due to
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Inquiries/Google_Hacking_Project then
I will support the outsourcing to Virtual Management Inc so that more
people leave OWASP for other webappsec groups e.g. SAFECode, WASC, etc as
the absolute power of the OWASP Board corrupts absolutely.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact