[Governance] JOSH SOKOL - CEASE AND DESIST CONTACT WITH CHRIS GATFORD

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Thu Feb 27 00:39:00 UTC 2014

It should be me apologies to Josh not the other way around.

The reason for this motion is to protect both Josh and I as I suspect
that Chris Gatford is monitoring these mailing list i.e.
https://twitter.com/jodymelbourne/status/72987628491902976 i.e. an
employee of Chris Gatford's.

In the end I am tired of OWASP treating me with suspicion and that
this matter could have been resolved much earlier had I been provided
with http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2010-June/008481.html
which would have correlated to Chris Gatford's unsupported complaint
to Andrew van der Stock on AusCERT 2010.

All I want is to be treated like all the other OWASP members and to be
given a reasonable go at returning to OWASP.  It not in my interests
to embarrass Josh Sokol and neither do I want to throw his attempt at
building a bridge back in his face.  Rather, I would act in manner
that won't reflect badly on Josh Sokol because he did after all listen
to me.

The end result is I have to resolve the dispute with Chris Gatford
first before rejoining OWASP.  I understand that OWASP does not want
to involve itself in this dispute even though it was drawn into it
with the OWASP Google Hacking Inquiry and Chris Gatford as the former
Leader of the OWASP Sydney Chapter.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich