[Governance] JOSH SOKOL - CEASE AND DESIST CONTACT WITH CHRIS GATFORD

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Feb 26 05:38:41 UTC 2014

> Josh,<https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2011-May/005284.html>

I would like Christian to be reminded that he requested that I cease and
desist from speaking with him directly and I requested the same courtesy of
him as well.

https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2011-May/005284.html
> is where Andrea cited I violated the code of ethics in relation to
> Social Media

For the record, Christian is comparing disclosing pictures of a security
practitioners wife and kids by hacking into a photo sharing site with
making threats of damage to the OWASP Foundation via a tweet to an OWASP
Board member.  To say that these are the same because they are both "Social
Media" represents a gross misunderstanding of ethics in general.

As Jim Manico continues to cite his family's close relation to the IRS
> while accusing other OWASP members of exploiting our not for profit
> status, then I demand that Jim Manico be accountable under the OWASP
> Code of Ethics otherwise my termination and suspension are rhetoric
> from the OWASP Board

Again, Christian is making wild claims of ethics violations without even
calling out the specific violations or providing evidence of the
violation.  Does anyone know or understand what Christian is saying about
the IRS and OWASP/Jim Manico?

Yiannis states it best within
> http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2011-January/009563.html
> i.e. "Josh decides and Jim manipulates".

To be clear, this actually says "Jeff decides and Dinis manipulates".
Yiannis says nothing about Josh or Jim.  This is an outright lie by
Christian.  Martin, please tender this into evidence as an example of
Christian fabricating evidence.

~josh