[Governance] JOSH SOKOL - CEASE AND DESIST CONTACT WITH CHRIS GATFORD

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Feb 26 04:41:18 UTC 2014

> Both you and Josh have not respected the fact that my tweets are
> "protected" and not intended for the publication

Twitter is a social media platform.  By putting his thoughts on there,
Christian is making them public.  Saying that his tweets are "protected" is
irrelevant as this was sent at one of the OWASP Board members.  There is no
request for confidentiality in the tweet, nor should there be any
expectation of it as this was sent to Jim as a representative of the OWASP
Board.  This should be seen as a recent (within the past year) statement of
intent, by Christian, to harm the OWASP Foundation.

On record, I will state that while I was originally supportive of
attempting to negotiate Christian's return to OWASP, he has shown numerous
times recently that he believes that our Code of Ethics does not apply to
him.  Regardless of what Martin concludes on the original suspension and
termination, I can no longer support his return to OWASP.  To be clear,
this is not a reaction to him "blowing the whistle", but rather, a desire
not to have myself, or the OWASP Foundation, associated with a person who
feels like false accusations, threats, and intimidation are appropriate
tactics in dealing with people.

~josh