[Governance] JOSH SOKOL - CEASE AND DESIST CONTACT WITH CHRIS GATFORD

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Feb 26 03:57:51 UTC 2014

> No, Josh Sokol has sought the predetermined outcome from the onset to
> extend my period of revocation indefinitely.

This may be Christian's assumption, but it couldn't be further from the
truth.  The OWASP Board mailing list shows countless examples showing quite
the opposite.

He has been told time after time to call me on the telephone, which he
> refuses because it can't be recorded to be used against me later on
> and neither did he list the contentious issues for my comment or
> clarification prior to representing them to the OWASP Board.

I had two telephone calls with Christian.  Each were scheduled for two
hours and each was terminated, by him, prior to its completion.  Prior to
the call I stated my intent to record the call in order to preserve
evidence and on both calls Christian attempted to skirt this.  His
additional requests for calls were not granted because it was clear that he
was not acting in the interests of a positive resolution.

Neither
> would he allow Justin Derry to represent me on my behalf.

I asked several times for the names and contact information of those who
would positively represent Christian.  None were ever presented to me.
Christian's requests around Justin were to have him decide on the outcome
which is inappropriate because 1) Justin is not an OWASP member and 2) the
membership revocation policy says that the Board will determine if a
revoked member can be reinstated.

As far as Josh may or may not have said, this doesn't matter to the
> NSW Police are seeking the minimal amount of evidence in which to
> convict me and if that evidence come from the OWASP recorded
> conference call then there is nothing I can do about this.

Sounds like Christian has found himself on the radar of the NSW Police for
more than just this if they are seeking the minimal amount of evidence to
convict him.  As for the OWASP recorded call, while I'm happy to provide it
to the police, it says nothing more than Chris Gatford would say on his own
as a witness.

Josh has simply been used by Chris Gatford
> just as Andre Ludwig, Dinis Cruz and Brad Causey have been used in the
> past.

I'm not sure how a person can be used when they serve no utilitarian value
to another person.  If anything, Chris was humoring my request to have a
call, and therefore, it was me who was using him.

~josh