[Governance] JOSH SOKOL - CEASE AND DESIST CONTACT WITH CHRIS GATFORD

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Feb 25 23:29:47 UTC 2014

*Evidence to Christian's first objection:*

Christian is now directly contradicting what he stated on an e-mail to the
governance list two days ago:

"The root cause of this entire issue is that had Dinis Cruz provided me
with complaint by Andre Ludwig i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2010-June/008481.html and
elected to investigate Chris Gatford of the OWASP Sydney Chapter as the
"unverified sources" then this entire issue would have been resolved
without the long term damage to my career and standing within the security
community in which Chris Gatford has subsequently formed relationship with
at the exclusion OWASP i.e. RUXCON, AusCERT, AISA, etc."

("Re: [Governance] Termination - Request for Artifact(s)" - Sun, Feb 23,
2014 at 6:39 PM)
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/governance/2014-February/000342.html

*Regarding Christian's Second Objection:*

Now we have an indirect reference to me being "Internet Security"?  OK, I
am a lot of things, but I am clearly not "Internet Security".  This isn't
evidence.  This is ridiculous.

*Regarding Christian's Third Objection:*

Chris Gatford is actually the one who said that Christian attempted to pull
down his pants.  I was merely restating what I was told.  And not only was
Christian consulted on this, he provided a response to me and Tobias.
Again, contradicting himself.

"You can see from the above that a reasonable person won't conclude
that his claim that I attempted to "pull down his pants" is just
another example of hearsay and rumour in which to divert the OWASP
Board attention from the evidence related to his direct involvement in
the Google Hacking Inquiry.

Please keep this in mind next time you approach him."

("Re: Chris Gatford - False Claim of Assault" - Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 9:18
PM)

Once again, I will state that this is Christian making assumptions about
what was discussed in my interview with Chris Gatford.  As he was not
there, and has not heard the recording, this is false speculation.  I have
asked that he have the police contact me directly and have received no such
response.  I have asked for clarification and evidence regarding the claim
of "Code of Ethics violations" that Christian has made against me and have
received none.  In addition, I would like to point out that this is
Christian's attempt to seek vengeance upon me for my failed attempt to seek
peace between him and the OWASP Foundation.  Assuming that no evidence is
presented (it can't because it doesn't exist), and no crime has been
committed, I would like for this to be added to the official record for
consideration when judging Christian's contributions to the OWASP
Foundation.  It is yet another example of Christian's attempts to damage
the OWASP Foundation as indicated by him in a tweet to Jim Manico on
4/23/2013 10:23 AM.  "@manico Then I'll just continue to damage @owasp but
then again it does damage itself so well already"  This attack on my
integrity is baseless and unfounded and should be summarily dismissed.

~josh