[Governance] JOSH SOKOL - CEASE AND DESIST CONTACT WITH CHRIS GATFORD

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Mon Feb 24 10:16:01 UTC 2014

Hi Christian,

First of all, my role is inside OWASP and has no legal jurisdiction outside
OWASP.

What I do not understand, independent if Jos has contacted Chris or not, is
the following:

#1 why would Jos would your permission to contact Chris
I do not see any restriction in any OWASP member to contact any other OWASP
member.
Neither do I see any restriction in any non OWASP member to contact an
OWASP member or the other way around.

#2 why would the above result in a phone call of the police department
It is not clear to me why a constable would initiate a call because a
anyone has contacted Chris.

#3 why would the constable call your mother
In my European understanding of the law, you are responsible for your
action yourself as adult. Therefore, why would a Constable call your mother?

There cannot be any valid request of who can be contacted by whom with or
without your permission, based on the OWASP code of ethic or other OWASP
guidelines.
That your mother has complains about being contacted by the law-enforcement
if matter outside of OWASP.

The information you supply is either incomplete or I do miss other
background information to understand the validity of your request, nor I
see (or have information) why you assume the call to your mother by this
constable is initiated due to Josh has contacted Chris. Again, I do not
say, as I have no information to prove or deny, Josh did contact Chris.

If you have reason  to assume or prove of the fact of false allegation, I
only can advice you to seek legal support.

In case of questions, feel free to contact me.

 With kind regards,
-martin