[Governance] OWASP and Commercial

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 14:01:53 UTC 2014

I have absolutely no problem with OWASP volunteers from making money from
OWASP related activities, such as consultation, training, publications etc.
In fact I'd _rather_ OWASP volunteers make some money in this way than
people who arent OWASP volunteers making money from things like OWASP
related training :)
However care needs to be taken to make sure that it is clear that any such
activities are not seen to be OWASP sanctioned/approved etc.
I also dont have a problem with board members making money in this way
either, although I would of course expect them to abstain from any board
votes that are in any way related to their commercial activities.
Having said that, I would feel uncomfortable with marketing like "Pay $$$
to be trained by OWASP Board member XYZ".

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader