[Governance] Compliance Committee?

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Wed Dec 10 19:22:12 UTC 2014

Hi Bev,

My email that was shared on the list contained my 'thoughts to address'.
In my opinion, the difference between the 'other Committees' and the
suggested 'compliant committee' is the responsibility of the committee.

I meant not to be open, as you do not want anyone to join who is involved
or is knowingly going to be involved in a complaint matter. It is a task
that does as integrity, responsibility and political correctness.
Understanding of different cultures and the ability to divert assumptions
from facts.
For example, this is what I always ask myself, if you would be involved in
a complaint matter, would you agree with whom is investigating this?

Therefore, do we want nomination of committee members? State of
achievements? Seniority and experience in the OWASP community? If you apply
to this committee, what are the responsibilities you agree on? Is there a
maximum / minimum time you sign up for?

Lot of questions I wanted to board to brainstorm about before making this a
public discussion. Not to keep it close, but to have an outline to discus
rather than an never ending open discussion.

Cheers,
-martin