[Global_industry_committee] GIC meeting scheduled for Friday Mar-1, 17:00 UTC/GMT - follow-up

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sat Mar 9 05:11:29 UTC 2013

Hi Colin,

thanks a lot for your feedback and edit.
1. I agree.
2. Actually I don't care so much for the name as long as it works.
(Sarah and Jim are against any "committee" name inside (obviously as we
shut down the committees)
I like the term "Global" as I want to keep the global and cross country
aspect, regarding "Advisory", I don't care, and btw. am not totally
happy with the term "board" (as it may lead to misinterpretation with
our "OWASP Board". But as I didn't have any other good ideas, well.
Maybe you have some good ideas for names?

3. Global Committee Chair meetings are dead, btw. already for a while. I
believe to remember, one time I attended, and basically had a chat with
Sarah and Helen.
And yes, we should send someone (or myself) to the board meetings. I
will attend the next board meeting on Mar-11 and hopefully we can have
someone from our team attending. (though I personally believe, probably
every 2nd month attendance should be sufficient.)

Just my 2cents, Tobias