[Global_industry_committee] GIC meeting scheduled for Friday Mar-1, 17:00 UTC/GMT - follow-up

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Sun Mar 3 18:22:06 UTC 2013

Tobias

Thanks for putting these pages up. It is very helpful to have
something solid to comment on.

A few thoughts below for consideration.

1)  I edited the page which said members have to attend 66% of
meetings. Whilst attendance is important, I think leading,
contributing or otherwise supporting activities is much more
important. I'm pretty certain I would fail to attend 66% of meetings
despite being very willing. I was late on Friday and thus missed it,
and the next one is on a UK public holiday so its unlikely I can make
that either.

2)  Are we definitely going the "Global" and "Advisory" in the title?

3)  Regarding governance, does the chair need to "attend or nominate"
someone to OWASP Board and Global Committee Chair meetings? Virtual
attendance too? Does the latter group exist any longer?

Colin