[Global_industry_committee] GIC meeting scheduled for Friday Mar-1, 17:00 UTC/GMT - follow-up

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sun Mar 3 11:21:17 UTC 2013

Hi all,
- also added Jim on cc to join the conversation and review the pages -

follow-up of our GIC call on Mar-1, even though with some technical
problems for several people dialing in (go2meeting seems to have been
blocked by some corporate firewalls). My apologies for that trouble. I
will try to find an alternative dial-in conference solution for future
meetings. And just fyi a link to a short meeting minutes page
(https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Industry:_Minutes_2013-03-01)

Going forward, I prepared the following Wiki pages for your
consideration and feedback and as basis for our discussion.

Please give *your feedback ASAP* as we need to submit this to the board
*until Mar-8* for them to nod on it on Mar-11 and the GIAB to be ready
by Mar-31.

Here the pages in Wiki. Please send comments or make changes directly to
the documents.

- *https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Industry_Advisory_Board*
(the main page, with mission and goals, links to meeting minutes, etc.)

-
*https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Industry_Advisory_Board_Governance*
(the charter and how to select members and remove them)

- *https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GIAB_nominated_candidates*
(I took part of the nomination document of the old committes, and made
it shorter and removed all this "becoming a member be a great honor"
stuff and replaced it with serving our community.)

-
*https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Industry_Advisory_Board_Joining_Form_-_Template*
(to be clear: I would not ask everybody who already had endorsements
from the GIC, to go through this process again; but I will link to the
endorsement pages from the GIC for this purpose.)

- And for all current GIC members: Please also email me or our
mailing-list a quick message whether you want to participate in the
future GIAB.

Please let me know what you think?

All the best and looking forward to hearing from you!

Tobias

On 02/03/13 02:04, Tobias wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I like to check back with you. As I received some reports from people
> having technical problems joining the call. If you had such a problem,
> could you please send me a quick email, so I know in the future and
> will use a different dial-in tool?
>
> We had on this call only Mauro, Alexander, Sarah and myself. :-(
> (below the Doodle sign-up)
>
> Alexander and Mauro provided good feedback on the future of the GIC
> tasks, and they support the notion to move to the GIAB approach.
> We discussed some of the details.
> I will prepare a short charter until Sunday (evening HK time, morning
> US time) and will really need your input on that either before if you
> have a good idea, or ASAP after that, as we have to put this to the
> board before Mar-8!
>
> Best regards, Tobias
>

> On 02/03/13 01:08, Tobias wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> in case you are trouble connecting, please try the go2meeting.
>> That works. Talk to you in a bit.
>> Best regards, Tobias
>>

>> On 27/02/13 00:38, Tobias wrote:
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> thanks a lot for your feedback on the scheduling of our next call on
>>> the future of the GIC and my apologies for the short notice.
>>>
>>> Based on that information, let's schedule our call for Friday
>>> March-1, 17:00 UK time (GMT+00:00)
>>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130301T17&p1=136&ah=1
>>>
>>> Agenda topics for the Global Industry Committee meeting:
>>> *- Future of GIC**
>>> *- update of CISO Guide
>>> - update of CISO Survey
>>> - Industry Table at AppSec APAC
>>> - industry bodies contacts?
>>> - ...?
>>>
>>> (and the link to the GIC page:
>>> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Industry_Committee)
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you can not attend this call.
>>>
>>> Access to the GIC meeting is via Go2Meeting.
>>> (So far there is _*only Audio*_, no need for slides at this point.)
>>>
>>> 1.  Please join my meeting.
>>> https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/910785446
>>> 2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is