[Global_industry_committee] Future of the GIC

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sun Mar 3 11:19:33 UTC 2013

Hi all,

follow-up of our GIC call on Mar-1, even though with some technical
problems for several people dialing in (go2meeting seems to have been
blocked by some corporate firewalls). My apologies for that trouble. I
will try to find an alternative dial-in conference solution for future
meetings. And just fyi a link to a short meeting minutes page
(https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Industry:_Minutes_2013-03-01)

Going forward, I prepared the following Wiki pages for your
consideration and feedback and as basis for our discussion.

Please give *your feedback ASAP* as we need to submit this to the board
*until Mar-8* for them to nod on it on Mar-11 and the GIAB to be ready
by Mar-31.

Here the pages in Wiki. Please send comments or make changes directly to
the documents.

- *https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Industry_Advisory_Board*
(the main page, with mission and goals, links to meeting minutes, etc.)

-
*https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Industry_Advisory_Board_Governance*
(the charter and how to select members and remove them)

- *https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GIAB_nominated_candidates*
(I took part of the nomination document of the old committes, and made
it shorter and removed all this "becoming a member be a great honor"
stuff and replaced it with serving our community.)

-
*https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Industry_Advisory_Board_Joining_Form_-_Template*
(to be clear: I would not ask everybody who already had endorsements
from the GIC, to go through this process again; but I will link to the
endorsement pages from the GIC for this purpose.)

- And for all current GIC members: Please also email me or our
mailing-list a quick message whether you want to participate in the
future GIAB.

Please let me know what you think?

All the best and looking forward to hearing from you!

Tobias