[Global_industry_committee] [Owasp-leaders] Moving to Global Initiatives Program & Retiring Committee Structure

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Fri Feb 15 08:47:30 UTC 2013

Tobias

I agree with you. There are many merits in the global initiatives
programme, and having somewhere central to request help is extremely
useful. But yes, I think there still needs to be other forums that are
neither projects nor initiatives (and I don't mean the Leaders'
mailing list!).

I would like to see the GIC continue, even if the board decides to
kill the other committees off. It is very useful to have some
formalisation when approaching third parties such as CISOs, industry
bodies and government agencies.

Perhaps people who contribute in other committees will have similar
feelings about their work.

The current list of "global" initiatives seems to be swamped by a
regional conference's requirements.

Colin