[Global_industry_committee] [Owasp-leaders] Moving to Global Initiatives Program & Retiring Committee Structure

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Fri Feb 15 04:28:24 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

interesting news.
I am sorry that I will not be able to attend the call today as the email
was a little bit short notice.

Also I have one comment: I had a couple of conversations with Eoin
during the last AppSec and my understanding was that we would have a
smooth transition, with initiatives coming up and any functioning
committees to continue their duty for any long-term goals, especially
for the GIC as this group is effectively functioning, though not as good
as it could be.

I respect your decision to shut down all committees, but it would really
have been nice to inform the committees first so we can prepare a
transition to the initiatives.

And just to be clear, I am a supporter of the initiatives and was
actually one of the very first to quickly already use some of them for
projects to work on, however, I believe the GIC has been and still
should be a good place for a stable platform for long-term industry
goals, contacts and relations.
In my understanding the purpose of initiatives is to be short lived
projects, not for multi-year long-term relations and goals. Therefore I
am not sure how we can transfer that long-term aspect of the GIC into an
initiative, but I will be happy to try.

As I unfortunately can not make the call today, maybe we can have a
conversation about how and in which form you want to address these
requirements going forward.

Best regards, Tobias

Tobias Gondrom
Ex-Chair of the Global Industry Committee  ;-)
OWASP
email: tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
mobile: +852 56002975
mobile: +44 7521003005