[Global_industry_committee] CISO survey 2013 questions - your feedback please

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Thu Nov 8 03:23:13 UTC 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback.
Made changes accordingly and comments inline.

Best regards, Tobias

On 22/10/12 07:54, marco.m.morana at gmail.com wrote:
> Tobias,
>
> I quickly read through the survey and looks very comprehensive. In
> terms of alignment with the CISO guide, I think is important to poll
> the CISOs along these three main questions:
> 1) are new threats to web applications negatively impacting the
> organisation? If yes, how? Did their company experienced a data breach
> because of a security incident involving one of the web applications
> that the company owns/manage? If yes, what was the root cause of the
> incident? There was any exploit of web application vulnerabilities or
> gaps in security controls/countermeasures?
added to page 5
> 2) how CISOs manage application security programs within their
> organisation? which domains are managed and how are managed? which
> metrics is being used? Example of GRC programs for application
> security include, vulnerability management, SSDLC
added combined with Colin's feedback to page 11 / replaced page 11 with that

> 3) specific OWASP related questions such as projects that CISOs have
> used before or consider using? also questions about attendance to
> security team to local OWASP chapters
added something to page 9

> 4) general questions about knowing about the CISO guide if they know
> it ask if is relevant and if there are topics that are missing that
> would like the guide to cover. If they do not know it, ask if they
> would like to receive a copy by email as well as set up a meeting to
> discuss it.

Added to page 19.
(did not add the send copy as not needed because we will refer to the
CISO guide in the report of the survey.)