[Global_industry_committee] CISO survey 2013 questions - your feedback please

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Thu Nov 8 03:01:20 UTC 2012

Thank you. Made the edits of the survey accordingly.
See comments inline.

On 22/10/12 12:22, Colin Watson wrote:
> Tobias
>
> 1. I do not like the abbreviation GASS (hot air?), or worse if we drop
> the 'Global"
removed GASS.

> 2. On Page 3, do we need to be more specific - is it "IS threats" we
> are talking about?  So p3 heading might be "IS Threats and Risks" and
> p4 might be "Application Threats and Risks". Do we need to define
> "application"?
changed accordingly.
And no need to define "application".

> 3. On p5, is it worth asking split application/infrastructure/other to
> compare with the threat/risk values?
Done.

> 4. On p7, "AntiSammy" should not have double "m", ZAP needs to be
> moved down a few lines in the alphabetical ordering
Done.

> 5. Do pp10-11 sufficiently cover all the measures "we" recommend
> through the SDLC e.g. security requirements, training, threat
> modelling, guidelines, tested modules/frameworks, etc, etc? Actually I
> agree with Tobias's comment, I am not sure the existing questions add
> much value, and we're not attempting to do a SAMM/BSIMM survey either.
regarding page 10: is about tools, so SDLC, threat modeling would not be
appropriate here as it is not a technology but a process. But we could
add a page on the models to be used

and based on your (and Marco's) feedback actually replaced page 11 with
something more CISO relevant.

> 6. On p14 I think "OWASP SAMM" would more correctly be written "Open SAMM"

Corrected.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Tobias