[Global_industry_committee] [GPC] inquiry

Ralf Reinhardt ralf.reinhardt at owasp.org
Tue Feb 28 12:26:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

the "iX, magazine for professional information technology" is one of the
most important magazines in the German language for information
technology and IT security.

If they claim to do a market survey about web application security
scanners, they will do that in a very professional way and definitely
unbiased.

I agree that we do not have any "product" for a competition, but the
very fact that they think that we might have "a product" shows pretty
clear that the public image and outreach of OWASP in Germany is not
ideal.

Imho it will be a failure to regard that mail as spam and ignoring it.
We should contact that man and put some things into the right context.

Maybe this will lead to an article about OWASP in the iX which would be
just splendid. If I don't hear any opposition here I volunteer to take
over the communication and give them some more information about OWASP.

Any other ideas or comments?

Cheers, Ralf