[Global_industry_committee] Intrim lead of GIC

Rex Booth rex.booth at owasp.org
Tue Jul 19 15:10:09 EDT 2011

I'm interested in leading for a year (or as an interim).  For what it's
worth, I had been "elected" by the committee when I stepped aside for
Joe to take over.  That said, I like Marco as well and certainly
wouldn't object to his leadership.

However, I don't agree that an industry guy needs to lead the
committee.  The fact that one works in industry makes one no more or
less able to lead our mission.  In fact, it may be the consultants who
are used to interacting with a wide range of industry as clients who are
best able to execute our mission.

Rex