[Global_industry_committee] Preliminary FTC Staff Report - Protecting Consumer Privacy in an Era of Rapid Change

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Tue Jan 18 12:28:22 EST 2011

Folks

I'm going to work through this one tomorrow, and see where we can best
comment, if at all.  These 3 questions may be the most relevant:

  "How can the full range of stakeholders be given an incentive to
   develop and deploy privacy-enhancing technologies?

   "What roles should different industry participants – e.g., browser vendors,
    website operators, advertising companies – play in addressing privacy
   concerns with more effective technologies for consumer control?"

   "Is the list of proposed “commonly accepted practices” set forth in
    Section V(C)(1) of the report too broad or too narrow?"

Colin