[Global_industry_committee] anyone care to review this "OWASP Survey" document/template

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Tue Jan 4 15:55:43 EST 2011

Eoin,

Can you forward the specific survey objectives?  I don't have a good idea of
the outcomes that you expect, and so I can't evaluate whether these are the
right questions.

The kinds of questions a survey author should create are based on two
things: the objectives of the survey and the information to be collected.
Know kinds of information needed then turn those research objectives into a
set of "information requirements." From here, one can create questions that
will produce that information (Brace 2004, 11-12). An accurate survey is one
where the questions collect the data in a reliable and valid way.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/SurveyMonkeyFiles/SmartSurvey.pdf

--Jeff