[Global_industry_committee] [Owasp-board] GIC Chair

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Feb 16 09:45:40 EST 2011

> Personally I like the plan, however, we really need to settle down and come
> up with common rules for committee governance to include voting rules, chair
> elections et all.  The Conferences Committee passed our own governance last
> year (http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Conferences_Committee_Governance)
> that we can use as a template to start from.  This might be a perfect first
> topic for the new chairs mailing list.

I agree. Please note, I'm still following all official process around
bringing new members into the committee  (Doug and Jerry are setting up
applications now). I was elected officially by my committee to be chair
(it was just Justin and I). Justin and I followed the process when
joining the committee via applications and getting references from the
community. (5 each).

I am following all official rules for committee governance as those
those rules stand today. My only mistake was to, in a moment when I had
a fever over 100, was to agree with a board member to merge committees,
and I admitted it was a mistake and will not repeat it.

Mark I want to make you happy. In that what way did I do something
wrong, and in what way do I need to settle down?

Aloha and with Respect,
Jim