[Global_industry_committee] GIC Chair

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Feb 15 12:59:05 EST 2011

My apologies to Justin, Jerry and Doug. I should have talked to the connection committee members before I even approached this topic.

I had an evening to digest all of the email around this topic, especially from the connections committee members. I would like to politely request that we keep the committees as separate entities. We are just starting to achieve serious momentum and I would like to expand on our progress in ways beyond just communicating with industry.

Please note, the connections committee is PUMPED to help out the industry committee with communication issues. I just signed up to their email list and hope that the other members of the connections committee do the same.

In fact, I plan on signing up to ALL committee email lists so the connections team can help with communication issues.

So let's table this issue and move on to more important topics. Please note, this really is a happy ending.  And that is, the connections committee is on board to help the industry and any other committee who would like help with communication issues.

Thank you everyone.

Respectfully,
Jim

PS Please forgive my poor communication these past few days. I caught a serious flu at the summit and have been battling a dangerously high fever these past few days.