[Global_industry_committee] GIC Chair

Rex Booth rex.booth at owasp.org
Tue Feb 15 11:52:52 EST 2011

I tend to agree.

The industry committee is intended to be oriented along vertical markets
(financial, government, manufacturing, etc).  The connections committee
(I thought) is more of a horizontal across all those markets plus
education and others to support the outreach activities within those
markets.

The podcast is a great example.  The industry committee doesn't need to
own that as a vehicle, but it should be able to reach back to the
connections committee to say "hey, the content/format/tone/etc of the
current podcasts aren't resonating with our target audiences - let's
work on refining it together."  So in that sense the connections
committee is really a support vehicle for the relationship owners.

Just my thoughts.

Rex