[Global_industry_committee] OWASP Application Security Guide For CISOs, part I

Marco M. Morana marco.m.morana at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:38:07 EDT 2011

Colin

Thanks for moving this along. I like the changes you introduced. One comment
on the impact, we should probably emphasize that the two important factors
to estimate besides the monetary loss/record is the likelihood (probability)
of the incident and the type of incidents. Maybe we can expand on that as
incidents causing reputational loss as side effect of data breach (e.g. HPY
impact on stock price) also including loss of authentication data (e.g. RSA
SecureIDs) and intellectual data property losses (e.g. refer to McAfee Shady
RAT data as impact/targets). We would them specifically address impact of
customer's data loss as example.

Let me know your thoughts so I will change accordingly and expand on Part
III also put framework on metrics Part IV

Regards

Marco M