[Global_industry_committee] [GPC] OWASP Marketing Plan - an Introduction

Anurag Agarwal (OWASP) anurag.agarwal at owasp.org
Tue Apr 26 16:38:26 EDT 2011

From: Anurag Agarwal [mailto:anurag.agarwal at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:37 PM
To: 'Jim Manico'; 'Matt Tesauro'
Cc: 'global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org'; 'Arvind Ramachandran'; 'owasp-connections-committee at lists.owasp.org'; 'global_membership_committee at lists.owasp.org'; 'global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org'; 'global_industry_committee at lists.owasp.org'; 'global_conference_committee at lists.owasp.org'; 'Global Projects Committee'
Subject: RE: [GPC] OWASP Marketing Plan - an Introduction

Thanks Jim for bringing it up. I have always maintained that WASC and OWASP’s efforts are complementary to each as opposed to competitive. Traditionally WASC has always been about attacks and OWASP has been about defense. Not sure why WASC is considered a competitor.

Thanks,

Anurag Agarwal

MyAppSecurity Inc

Cell - 919-244-0803