[Global_industry_committee] [Esapi-dev] [Esapi-user] OWASP Top 10 for 2010 and ESAPI mapping..

Nishi Kumar nishi787 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:40:51 EDT 2011

Thanks Chris I appreciate your help. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Nishi Kumar
OWASP CBT Project Lead

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:38:55 +0200
From: chris.dickinson at web.de
To: christian.heinrich at owasp.org
CC: nishi787 at hotmail.com; esapi-dev at lists.owasp.org; esapi-user at lists.owasp.org; global_industry_committee at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Esapi-dev] [Esapi-user] OWASP Top 10 for 2010 and ESAPI mapping..

Nishi,

I believe what you are looking for is on slide #8 of https://www.owasp.org/images/c/c7/ESAPI-2010-AppSecDC.pptx (c.f. attachment). It looks like Chris Schmidt presented this at the AppSec DC 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suphwAsb-To).

Cheers,

on 04/22/2011 09:39 AM Christian Heinrich wrote :
Nishi,

The correlation between the OWASP Top Ten 2004, 2007 and 2010 releases
is available from
https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-topten/2010-July/000686.html

This might be helpful to expand the scope the graphic by Jeff for
ESAPI to the Top Ten 2007 release for the 2004 and 2010 Top Ten
releases.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Kevin W. Wall <kevin.w.wall at gmail.com> wrote:

Nishi,

If you can did up the one that Jeff did for 2007 and provide it as a
starting point
and email it to, I'll take a crack at it for ESAPI 2.0.

-kevin

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Nishi Kumar <nishi787 at hotmail.com> wrote:

I can create the graphic if somebody from ESAPI group can give me the
mapping between OWASP Top 10 for 2010 and ESAPI 2.0. Also the one Jeff did
was for 2007

Thanks
Nishi Kumar
OWASP Industry Committee

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:40:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [Esapi-dev] OWASP Top 10 for 2010 and ESAPI mapping..
From: kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
To: nishi787 at hotmail.com
CC: jim.manico at owasp.org; esapi-dev at lists.owasp.org;
esapi-user at lists.owasp.org

I think I saw something like this that Jeff Williams did for ESAPI 1.4
but I'm not
aware of anyone who has done it for ESAPI 2.0.

-kevin

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Nishi Kumar <nishi787 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

Do we have a mapping for OWASP Top 10 for 2010 and ESAPI api's. Can
somebody
please point me where I can find this? I am trying to put together a
presentation for Industry outreach from Industry committee and would
like to
have updated version of the mapping which corresponds to OWASP Top 10
for
2010

Thanks
Nishi Kumar